As a Victorian engineer, this means that you will be required to become a Registered Professional Engineer in Victoria soon if you provide professional engineering services in one of the following areas.
- Fire Safety
APEA doesn’t expect engineers to go through 16 different competency, rate themselves, provide evidence for each area or assign a reviewer to each of the 16 competencies for review. APEA has found talking to the applicant and their referees a more informative way to find out about the type of experience you as an engineer have.
So, what do you need to apply for RPEng with APEA?
Are you eligible for Engineering Registration?
What happens when you submit your application?
- Be a member of APEA
- Have a four-year Bachelor of Engineering from either Australia or Overseas that is under the Washington Accord or have competed a Stage One Competency Assessment in the Professional Engineer area
- Have a minimum of five years work experience as an engineer
- Have worked in Australia as an engineer for a minimum 12 months
- Have three referees that you have worked with for a minimum 12 months, at least two should be able to attest to your Australian experience. They need to either already have engineering registration (RPEng, RPEQ or CPEng) or they must be eligible to apply for RPEng
- Have an up-to-date CV
- Have a minimum of 150 hours’ worth of CPD from the past three years
- Once you have gathered all this information you are ready to apply for RPEng
When your assessment application has been received it will be checked by the Registrar to ensure that all the required information has been received. The Registrar will contact you if there is anything missing.
When an assessor is available in the area of engineering you are being assessed in, they will be given your assessment. They will then contact you and your referees to arrange over the phone interviews to discuss a range of different areas about your working experience.
The assessor will then write up their recommendation and this will then be given to the RPEng committee for review and the final recommendation.
If your application is successful you will receive your letter of outcome, have use of the RPEng post-nominal and be placed on the Roll of RPEng so that others can see that you are a Registered Professional Engineer of Professionals Australia.
Click here and start your application today
For more information, please call us on 1300 272 762 or email email@example.com
Not a member? You can join today and we’ll waive the $300 fee for three years.* Click here to learn more.