Professional Translators and Interpreters Australia is proud to campaign to increase pay and control for our profession.
We are building on our recent breakthrough win of $21.8 million increased funding in the Victorian Budget by advocating to government in Queensland and Western Australia.
Together PTIA members have:
- Put translators and interpreters on the Government’s agenda.
- Issued recommended rates based on actual costs and award-level pay
- Won ACCC approval to bargain collectively for members
- Raised concerns over language services procurement shortfalls in government tenders
- Successfully negotiated a hospital contract for a group of members
- Won $21.8 million increased funding to raise T&I pay to recognise your work
Presented submissions relevant to interpreters and translators:
- "Making the Case for Quality Language Services in Victoria" - Victorian State Government Review into language Services 2016
- The impact of the labour hire industry and insecure work on the professional workforce
- The Royal Commission into Family Violence
- Updating the AUSIT Code of Ethics
- Superannuation fund notification bill
- Part of the solution – Improvements to NAATI Testing (INT)
- Access and Equity Submission
- Insecure Work Inquiry
- Signed a Joint Statement of Common Goals with AUSIT and ASLIA
- TI representation in NAATI’s Professional Reference Group (PRG)
- TI representation in the Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria (ECCV)